Friday 28 March 2014

Refining Research

Inspired by the visit to Blackpool Pleasure Beach and other research on Belle Vue, I decided to do some drawings and collage in order to engage with colour, proportion and pattern.




I have really enjoyed using such a vibrant colour pallette. I feel this fairground topic will really let me experiment with bold uses of colour which I usually like to use. I also feel like there are plenty of exciting shapes to work with that I hope to incorperate into my work.


I've also explored some of the textures found in my photos of the costume department at Blackpool Pleasure Beach, I was absolutely fascinated by all of the costumes and the amazing combinations of  fabrics and textures used.


I am really looking forward to learning the techniques to help turn this research into some interesting samples.


No comments:

Post a Comment